Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Where There's A Will | The Worshipper's Thought of the Day

This past Friday, I was listening to a message by Dr. Myles Munroe in which he noted that we're still trying to figure out how a single mother can raise five kids without a man in the home and get them through college.  Immediately, I thought to myself, "Where there's a will, there's a way." However, the Holy Spirit came right behind that thought to say, "Where there's the will, GOD makes the way."

The big idea here is that there is NOTHING too hard for GOD (Genesis 18:14, Jeremiah 32:17, Jeremiah 32:7).  When we find ourselves in what seems to be impossible situations, we can rely on GOD to make the way for us when we will to do what pleases Him (Joshua 1:8).  In fact, confidence can be securely placed in our Father to make highways in life's deserts.  Therefore, worry and stress have no place in the lives of Heaven's citizens when we are willing to ascribe to GOD's way of doing things.

As long as we remain positioned in a state of willingness to cooperate with Heaven, we can expect our King's provision of both material and nonmaterial resources.  So never doubt the abundant availability of our GOD's provision to all who will to hear and do that which pleases Him and will bring Him glory (Psalm 84:11).  It doesn't matter what your situation may require. Wisdom for decision making, funding for projects, healing for wellness...the list goes on and on. Our Father is almighty, which means He is limitless in ability. The power of GOD knows no boundaries. It's only limited by our lack of willingess to operate in ways consistent with His own. Consequently, the Kingdom citizen who lives in alignment with Heaven's laws is not supposed to be concerned about ways being made. Not only will ways be made, but they will be plainly made time and time again. Our GOD is not the author of confusion, so He will see to it that our righteous minds clearly perceive His way (1 Corinthians 14:33). What love hath the Father for us!

5 comments:

  1. Ur blogs help with my quiet time : )

    Im in need of some things right now, material and immaterial, and I'm reassured as long as I do my part in the faith equation, God will do His.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elton, great post. God told the Israelites that if they were willing and obedient they would eat the good of the land (Isa 1:19). Most times we read over the 'willing' part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm....

    Imma be awfully transparent and just endure my pending rebukes from certain peeps later. Some friends and I just got through praying corporately. I wasn't "feelin" it to be honest although it seemed like most everybody else was ‘in the zone.’ “Why weren't you as energetic as everybody else,” someone asked me. I didn't answer.

    On many past occasions in the past, I would have been the guy to have poured out my heart like a fool, and ravaged my vocal chords in the process, crying out to the Lord. MY friends no me too well. I’d be pumped up with maximum zeal and display so much fervor. As of late tho, I've had to really examine myself as to why and what was motivating this surreal enthusiasm in my public Christian life. Since when I am alone and I'm facing my own mountains, I'd be punking out. At this point, hindsight would seem to suggest why, and I'd say to myself the next time difficulties come, I'mma do better. Next time would indeed come but the outcome would unfortunately be the same.

    So I’d begin to question whether what I was doing in prayer was correct altogether. I’d ask what spurs this inspiration and zeal in my public life, but, results in this lack of RESULTS in my private life. There have been times where when I was not careful, I'd allow the enemy to take advantage of this effect in my thought life and I’d not pray at all because I felt my prayers had little substance. I’d say to myself God hears but takes forever to answer!

    What was I missing! I’d wonder. I felt that my praying had little power and that I just didn't have what it takes like those really “strong saints.” Like the believers who seem to endure all kinds of crazy stuff and always seem to be okay.

    Elton, ur post or blog, is really cool since you elaborated on something I never really gave much thought when it comes to praying effectually. You said you kept God's promises in front of you. That’s easier said than done tho (but of course not impossible). I realize keeping the faith in respect to a particular promise means not only guarding your heart from demonic oppositions (spirits of fear, doubt, etc). You mentioned guarding the promise given - a spoken word - itself, as it can be offensive counter to the lies which come to undermine what God has promised. And I suppose that offensive attribute of God's spoken word is only viable if that word has been implanted in the heart with depth so that it can be summoned when necessary. That means to me, an effort must be made beyond corporate life, invested time in meditating, and as you suggested, memorizing the particular promise.

    God's word is like everything to us I've found. It's a source of strength, comfort...a way of defense and offensive.

    So I suppose those who do have strong resolve don't have it just because they were born with more, but perhaps they have learned how to cultivate resolve by meditating the promises, in-grafting it in themselves via meditation, confession, and of course prayer.....so that when opposition does come, they have already developed a foundation on which to stand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading From The Heart of a Worshipper. Your comments and contributions are greatly appreciated; however, the blogger reserves the right to delete any comments that are inappropriate for display.