Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

You Gotta Believe | The Worshipper's Thought of the Day

Yesterday, I was contemplating on what I would blog about today and was experiencing a bit of difficulty in doing so.  My mind traversed several ideas that I'd already started working on, but I couldn't quite latch on to any of them.  Oddly enough, I ran across a quote that I'd loved and thought about writing something around it.  It was a simple message that really didn't need much explanation; however, I was unsure of going that route.  Then this morning, one of my tweeps (Twitter peeps) said something that inspired me: "I know I make mistakes and I'm still a work in progress but I know I'm destined to be somebody because God told me so."

Immediately, my mind went back to the quote I read last night that was so simple, yet powerful.  I actually heard it from Dr. Myles Munroe, who was told this some years ago as a young man by a foreign missionary in response to his own desire to do something great for GOD: "Believe in the dark what GOD told you in the light."  If any of us are going to become anything worthwhile or do anything extraordinary for GOD, we've got to believe all the time.  There can never be a time when we cannot believe.  Even when we find ourselves in rebellion (sin), we've still got to believe (1 John 1:9).  We shut up heaven's ability to manifest the impossible in our midst when we don't believe (Mark 9:23, Mark 10:27).

So when times are not so good, BELIEVE what GOD has already said.  If what you see isn't what GOD showed you, then REJOICE: it means where you are now isn't where you'll end up.  Keep the pictures GOD took and gave to you of your future in your view.  Replay the words He spoke to you (no matter how long ago) throughout each day.  No matter what may be going on around you, you're still destined. You're still on your way somewhere.  GOD has not forsaken you.  His hand is still upon you, He's still working on you (Philippians 2:13).  So don't faint, but believe to see GOD's goodness (Psalm 27:3).  GOD's will, His plan for your life will stand through it all (Proverbs 19:21).  So, never doubt that.

2 comments:

  1. E, this is hot stuff man. You gotta believe in the dark what God told you in the light - superhot. This calls to mind the fact that God doesn't have to speak every second, minute, or day because all of His words are revolutionary for the future. Our faith in what He said (or showed) to us in the past is our role in the manifestation, results, etc. Results don't just happen...They are "faithed" out. Faith is the underlying current of everything God has spoken to His believer. It's unseen, but the seen results evidences the unseen long-standing faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Draper: You're ABSOLUTELY right! I know I've been guilty of neglecting to remember that ALL of GOD's words are revolutionary for the future. It's like we've become spoiled children. We want a Word and we want it NOW. If we don't feel GOD at any given point, then we feel forsaken. AWESOME comments, Brotha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading From The Heart of a Worshipper. Your comments and contributions are greatly appreciated; however, the blogger reserves the right to delete any comments that are inappropriate for display.