Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Trust Me | The Worshipper's Thought of the Day

Having been born around the time when the Smallwood Singers were one of the hottest recording groups in gospel music, I literally grew up listening to the music of Richard Smallwood.  I can say without hesitation that he is my favorite gospel songwriter of all time and arguably one of the best songwriters ever because his music has ministered to me throughout my entire life and continues to do so.  Upon hearing his new single "Trust Me" from the forthcoming project "Promises" with his vocal aggregation Vision, I was reminded all over again why I love the gifting and ministry of Richard Smallwood.  (If you have not heard "Trust Me" yet, I encourage you to do yourself a favor and visit his Facebook fan page so you can listen to it.  The Music Player is located near the bottom of the page's lefthand column.)

Our lives are literally marked by situations that have required us to trust GOD.  We've all faced times of calamity, uncertainty and pain that pressed upon so that we could hardly see beyond the present moment. No matter how spiritual we may be, we're all human; and I can remember times in which the fears of my circumstances were so gripping that I felt powerless. And I'm not talking about occurrences from years and years ago.  If you only knew how my faith has been tried within the past year and a half, you would be amazed that I'm still here AND committed to GOD now more than ever before.

For me, one of the most reassuring things in my life has been knowing that GOD will always be with me if I trust Him.  The lyrics of this song are so powerful that I was inspired to do a quick study of what it means to trust GOD.  Trust means fleeing to for protection or hiding in for refuge.  I now can understand why Psalm 146:3 instructs us to not put our trust in people.  We can love and appreciate others; but when you "sho'nuf" need help, people are of no help no matter how much love and appreciation you've given them.  You may be wondering why this is so, which is why I've prepared the following list of scriptures.

Those who trust GOD:
  • can be assured of His protection (2 Samuel 22:1-4);
  • can testify that He is a protector (2 Samuel 23:31)
  • can be of a cheerful countenance (Psalm 5:11-12; Psalm 34:8);
  • know His character and that He's never forsaken those who seek Him (Psalm 9:10);
  • will--through His mercy--not waver (Psalm 21:7);
  • will not experience confusion (Psalm 22:4-5);
  • will not become guilty (Psalm 34:22);
  • greatly value His kindness or favor (Psalm 36:7);
  • will abide in the land GOD has given and will be steadily tended to, as they accomplish that which pleases Him (Psalm 37:3);
  • will see Him bring to pass His plans for them, as they give Him charge of their life's course (Psalm 37:5); and
  • will not be afraid of what men can do to them (Psalm 56:11).

I got excited this morning as I read these scriptures.  (There are plenty more scriptures that explain what can be expected when we trust GOD.  However, for the sake of time, I only included the above scriptures.)  While reading them, my faith was reaffirmed and my soul was strengthened tremendously.  Hopefully, you experienced the same thing.  My appreciation for this magnificent song increased, as well, because of the Word of GOD further illuminating its meaning.  Life, as we know it in the Kingdom of GOD, is governed by His Word and we can rest in what it says.  And I plan to do just that...I pray you do, as well.

1 comment:

  1. This wonderful and is a great daily devotional. I also love the new song"Trust Me".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading From The Heart of a Worshipper. Your comments and contributions are greatly appreciated; however, the blogger reserves the right to delete any comments that are inappropriate for display.