Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Are You Being Ministered To? | The Worshipper's Thought of the Day

I've truly been blessed to connect with some AWESOME Kingdom citizens via social media.  Some of you, I'm sure, can relate to me when I say that I have a Facebook family.  Well, my FB big sister, Sylvia Upshur, is such a blessing.  She's a cheerleader like none other, and I thank GOD for her being the encourager GOD has called her to be.  The other day, she posted a status update that somehow got my fingers moving a lot more than I planned.  (When I was done, I was in shock at how much I'd written!) So, I'd like to share with you all what transpired...Here goes.  I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about this, as well.

Sylia: It's GREAT to minister to others, but are you being ministered to?

Elton: I know that's right, Sis! I used to wonder why so many ministry workers (at all levels of leadership) were burning out, getting frustrated or just getting caught up in some bad situations (that honestly could've been avoided).  Then I realized that these things happen because those who minister are not allowing themselves to be ministered to in either an equal or greater proportion to the amount of their ministry output.  It's amazing: when it comes to finances, it's common sense that you can't expend more than you take in.  If that's applicable in the natural, then how much more is it in the spiritual?

You know, I don't knock people for listening to secular music, watching hours of tv or just doing nothing productive with their time.  But my secret to being ready to minister EFFECTIVELY at any given moment is feeding my spirit man around the clock.  I don't have to rebuke folk and judge them for how they spend their time because my lifestyle preaches that message.  I'm not gonna tell anybody what to do to get the results I get because talk is cheap and the skeptic in most people probably wouldn't believe me anyway. If they REALLY wanna know how I do it, then watch how I live. And if you like what you see, then follow me as I follow Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading From The Heart of a Worshipper. Your comments and contributions are greatly appreciated; however, the blogger reserves the right to delete any comments that are inappropriate for display.