Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Joy Is Not Available | 01.03.13


While in prayer on last night, I heard myself say, "Our joy is not available to be taken when we're in Your presence, GOD."  Clearly, the Holy Spirit inspired these words because I had never before thought or spoken them.  My mind was actually on Psalms 16:11, the latter portion of which I quoted just before uttering those words.  This year, my heart is fiercely determined to spend more time in GOD's presence than ever before.  It's my desire to experience GOD more and for His presence to literally be manifested in EVERY area of my life.  Therefore, STAYING in GOD's presence has become my number one priority.

I, like so many other believers, have been guilty of living on cruise control: going about my daily routine, working to get things done only to reach a stopping point for that day and start right where I left off the next.  It's not that my life has been joyless because I have experienced numerous moments of joy.  And I had honestly been satisfied with that because, as many Christians rationalize, some joy is better than none at all.  However, I am now in a stage of my life where only having MOMENTS of gladness will no longer do.  I am no longer interested in being in GOD's presence and experiencing the fullness of joy therein, only to be left with a portion of what was full there because I allowed something (or someone) to remove me from that joyful place in GOD.

So, here's the deal: I'm NOW standing guard at the gates to my ears and eyes with even greater diligence than before.  I am grateful to have made strides over the years in eradicating those things from my life that removed me from GOD's presence, such as secular media influences that would cause my mind to stray from what Philippians 4:8 instructs us to think on.  I've even slowly but surely divested myself of relationships with people who similarly diverted my thoughts.  And interestingly enough, people take it personal when their calls, text messages and the such are not returned; but what they don't understand is that it's not personal, it's just business -- KINGDOM BUSINESS.   Demonic influences can only do to me what I allow.  Yes, the Kingdom of Darkness influences people to communicate and express messages purposed to generate those ungodly thoughts that inspire ungodly behavior; but it's up to me to quickly discern by the Holy Spirit the intent of that which wants access to my mind and --no matter how appealing it may appear--not allow it the opportunity to influence my thoughts.  To put it simply, my joy is not available to be taken anymore because I have chosen to remain in the presence of GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading From The Heart of a Worshipper. Your comments and contributions are greatly appreciated; however, the blogger reserves the right to delete any comments that are inappropriate for display.