Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Grace in the Workplace | 01.17.2012


I am grateful for the favor of GOD today.  Even when facing seemingly impossible circumstances, GOD sends hope in the form of fellow Kingdom citizens who don't know you...but know you, if you get my drift.  It's not so much that they know you, but rather that they know the Holy Spirit who dwells in you because the same Holy Spirit also dwells in them.  When your life feels turned upside down, there's no telling who you'll run into or have to deal with.  But thanks be to GOD for divine providence--the provision of GOD--being manifested with superhero precision just when we need it most.

As people of faith in the workplace, we never know WHO we'll meet on any given day in our respective lines of work.  We never know who will cross our paths in need of a kind word, a little sympathy or some further assistance.  I was recently blessed to make the acquaintance of such an individual, whose compassion for my own situation nearly brought me to tears because it was as if I was hearing the voice of GOD coming through this person's lips.  It was clear that this individual was not only a Christian but a person of great faith who carried a powerful mantle for ministry without coming across as an extremist.  The grace which I was extended was the reminder I needed that, no matter how bad the situation appeared, GOD was right there with me.

It makes me wonder how many times have I been just that for someone I encountered on my job?  Can someone recall ever having such an experience with me as I was fulfilling my roles and responsibilities at work?  Has anyone ever had an experience so powerful with me that it brought them the comfort and reassurance of knowing that GOD Almighty was with them in their time of despair?  Many times we wait till service on Sunday morning or at midweek to minister, but we spend more time at our places of employment than we do at church.  We don't need a title or a pulpit to minister to people.  The simple fact that GOD allows people to daily cross our paths in the places we spend most of our time is all the ministry platform we need.  After experiencing such a great manifestation of GOD's grace, I am compelled now more than ever for my lips to be the passageway for GOD's voice as well as my words to minister comfort and reassurance to those in the midst of turmoil as I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading From The Heart of a Worshipper. Your comments and contributions are greatly appreciated; however, the blogger reserves the right to delete any comments that are inappropriate for display.