Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Salvation, GOD's Responsibility | The Worshipper's Thought of the Day

Lately, I've just been listening to some older messages by Bishop T.D. Jakes; and they have rejuvenated my soul in such an awesome way.  As I listened to "The Blood Speaks" at my desk on Monday, there were so many nuggets being deposited into my spirit by that Word.  Very early into the message, I began to reflect on a statment Bishop Jakes made: "GOD assumed responsibility for the cost of our redemption."

Over the years, I've heard a number of people say, "I found the LORD," which is not really the most accurate way of describing the redemption experience.  Since GOD was never lost, it presents a contradiction to the Biblical doctrine that mankind was lost (Matthew 18:11, Luke 19:10).  Therefore, it's better stated that GOD found us.  It was GOD who wanted a relationship with us.  He desired fellowship with mankind and took it upon Himself to make all of this possible.  So, it's crucial to our understanding of GOD and His eternal plan of redemption that we, in no way, contributed to our salvationSalvation is GOD's victory!

Isn't it reassuring to know that the Creator loves us so much that He would exclusively take on the responsibility for ensuring that our sins could not keep us from Him?  When you think about it, GOD knew the severity of our need for Him in our lives and couldn't bear the thought of our frailties as humans denying us an eternal relationship with Him.  GOD didn't leave it up to us to pursue Him and make things right.  HE pursued us (Revelation 3:20).  HE orchestrated events that we might be saved (Romans 8:28-30).  HE sent HIS Son to be our Passover lamb (Romans 8:32, John 1:29).  HE accepted the blood of Christ as our atonement (Romans 5:11, Ephesians 2:12-13).  HE sent forth messangers to declare the Good News so that faith would come by hearing the Word of GOD (Acts 28:28, Romans 10:13-15).  GOD assumed the responsibility and He handled everything WITHOUT our help.  All we had to do was come in whatever state we were in and simply accept the gift He paid for and freely gave.

At the very moment we received our gift of salvation, that exchange wasn't based upon changing our lifestyles because a changed lifestyle never saved anyone.  Our salvation wasn't based upon the promise that we'd totally leave our pasts behind either because we could never do anything to earn a gift from GODThe gift of eternal life is based upon trusting GOD that what He has given us--AT NO CHARGE--has been paid for in full.  That's why the Bible can say if you SIMPLY confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that GOD raised Him from the dead, then you will be saved (Romans 10:9).  I'm so glad to know that GOD assumed responsibility for my salvation in such a way that I can TOTALLY and COMPLETELY rely on Him.  Because if I had to rely on myself, I'd never be able to earn eternal life.

2 comments:

  1. This is very informative and awesome because you have the scriptures to "back up" your statements. I can say "GOD found me" and not only that but "GOD brought me from there to here and it's by His grace that I'm still here!" - JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, JD, for the feedback! It's so important to me that FHW's readers receive sound doctrine with scripture rightly divided. I share in that declaration you made. May GOD bless you, and don't be a stranger. --Elton

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading From The Heart of a Worshipper. Your comments and contributions are greatly appreciated; however, the blogger reserves the right to delete any comments that are inappropriate for display.